- RSS Channel Showcase 2208122
- RSS Channel Showcase 7491140
- RSS Channel Showcase 5797987
- RSS Channel Showcase 6413499
Articles on this Page
- 04/14/17--01:45: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 04/21/17--02:59: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 04/28/17--02:37: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 05/04/17--03:21: _The Tempest Springf...
- 05/05/17--03:33: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 05/08/17--02:40: _Numero Uno Agave Ce...
- 05/10/17--02:06: _One of You Will Bet...
- 05/12/17--02:05: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 05/16/17--02:03: _Out in the Cold
- 05/19/17--02:40: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 05/22/17--02:17: _Spot the Difference
- 05/26/17--02:01: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 05/30/17--02:28: _What Makes or Break...
- 06/02/17--02:22: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 06/06/17--04:40: _Why AB InBev bought...
- 06/09/17--03:21: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 06/16/17--02:00: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 06/23/17--02:36: _Beer of the Week – ...
- 04/14/17--01:45: Beer of the Week – Loch Ness Light Ness
- 04/21/17--02:59: Beer of the Week – St Andrews Eighty Bob
- 04/28/17--02:37: Beer of the Week – Harviestoun The Ridge
- 05/04/17--03:21: The Tempest Springfest: Festivals in Microcosm
- 05/05/17--03:33: Beer of the Week – Orkney Dark Island
- 05/08/17--02:40: Numero Uno Agave Cerveza – Challenge Accepted
- 05/10/17--02:06: One of You Will Betray Me
- 05/12/17--02:05: Beer of the Week – Williams Bros Seven Giraffes
- 05/16/17--02:03: Out in the Cold
- 05/19/17--02:40: Beer of the Week – Cairngorm Black Gold
- 05/22/17--02:17: Spot the Difference
- 05/26/17--02:01: Beer of the Week – Strathaven Craigmill Mild
- 05/30/17--02:28: What Makes or Breaks a Beer Festival? It’s Not Neccesarily the Beer…
- 06/02/17--02:22: Beer of the Week – Black Isle Red Kite
- 06/06/17--04:40: Why AB InBev bought into RateBeer…and why they didn’t
- 06/09/17--03:21: Beer of the Week – Spey Valley Spey Stout
- 06/16/17--02:00: Beer of the Week – Top Out Schmankerl
- 06/23/17--02:36: Beer of the Week – Cross Borders Braw
Another Friday, and another chance to stock your beer fridge with one of the unsung heroes of Scottish brewing. Each and every week this year I’ll be leading into the weekend with a beer that deserves to be on your radar if you aren’t already familiar with it – and for the fifteenth in the […]
Time to round out the week with another suggestion of one of Scotland’s great unsung beers that you should sample (if you haven’t already). Each and every Friday this year I’ll be taking a look at a specific bottled beer you can get hold of and yet has somehow flown under the radar. For the […]
Friday means two things – firstly that the weekend is just around the corner, and secondly it’s time for another beery recommendation from the growing list of the most unsung beers in Scotland. On the cusp of every weekend this year I’ll be putting forth a suggestions of a beer that might well have flown […]
Last weekend the good people of Tempest Brewing threw their doors open to several hundred people at their Tweedbank facility for a beer festival – the second they have held there, following on from last years’ Oktoberfest (which will take place again in a few month’s time). I went along with my wife and dog, […]
The weeks must be getting faster – May is here and it really doesn’t seem like seven days since the last Beer of the Week post. But there you go, we are now into the eighteenth featured unsung Scottish beer for you to try if you haven’t already, and the long lazy days of the […]
This is, by an absolute country mile, the worst beer I've tried in a long time. pic.twitter.com/MhcIFdEDCh — Neil Walker (@EisntCNeil) May 5, 2017 I am not a beer geek. I spend most of my day and what little free time I can writing about it, but as I work in the industry then I’m […]
At the start of the week the Morning Advertiser breathlessly revealed that Carlsberg UK had plans to buy a craft brewery based in this country to ‘bolster its growing portfolio with an artisan British beer’, although they tempered this somewhat by going on to state that the Danish behemoths ‘could’ be ready to announce it […]
The weekly calendar has flicked over to Friday once again so that can mean only two things. Firstly, it’s pretty much the weekend so you can start turning attention towards beer (as if you haven’t already) and secondly your recommendation on what to go for is right here. Every seven days I’ll be picking a […]
When is the very worst time to be a beer drinker? For every moment you’re about to operate heavy machinery or have been talked into giving up beer for Lent – or as we now call it, Dry January, there is a much worse occasion for the beer lover – and (unlike Dry January) it […]
Friday means that the weekend is just around the corner, and with it the chance to kick back with a beer or three (unless you have already been doing that all week). Every seven days at this time I will be detailing a particular Scottish beer and letting you know exactly why it should be […]
What you may think yourself is irrelevant. What the brewery thinks as a whole…that is the standard for judgement. You repress your own standards. The other day I caught up with a documentary that had a number of fascinating moments, as it went behind the scenes at several breweries to get a more intimate look […]
Every Friday throughout 2017 I will be publishing a blog post shining a spotlight on a specific beer that I think deserves greater attention – these are the 52 unsung heroes of brewing in Scotland. Just in time for the weekend; an update on a beer that if you don’t already know then maybe you […]
When organising, hosting or curating a beer festival there are dozens of things that you need to take into account in order for it to be considered a success. The list is huge. From the logistics of getting all the drinks in, to how ticketing is going to work, to the level of wackiness you’re […]
The post What Makes or Breaks a Beer Festival? It’s Not Neccesarily the Beer… appeared first on The BeerCast.
The weekend is here again so for the twenty-second time this year I’m about to shine a spotlight on a single Scottish beer that I think has to date flown under the radar. I’ll be doing this at the end of every working week throughout 2017 in order to spread more of the love to […]
So, Anheuser-Busch InBev are at it again. The deepest chequebooks in beer(TM) have purchased another chunk of the global brewing scene to add to their portfolio. Except, this time it isn’t an American craft brewery of which you’d never heard and now the Twitter crafterati are shunning with a vengeance. You’d be forgiven to have […]
The post Why AB InBev bought into RateBeer…and why they didn’t appeared first on The BeerCast.
Friday is with us once again and as the news filters through about the General Election it is business as usual in terms of the weekly selection of an unsung Scottish beer for your perusal. On the cusp of every weekend this year I will be shining a light on a single Scottish beer, which […]
Another working week grinds to a halt and heralds the start of another two-day sojourn from the day job. The other thing Friday signifies is the spotlight being swung onto a Scottish beer that maybe doesn’t quite get the attention it deserves. Each and every week I’ll be doing just that, and letting you know […]
Friday has rolled around once again, so that means another beery recommendation to kick off the weekend. This is the 25th time I’ve selected one of the great unsung heroes of Scottish beer and turned the spotlight towards it – if you don’t already know this beer then hopefully this’ll give you a small push […]